The TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act) makes it unlawful to make any non-emergency call “using any automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice … to any telephone number assigned to a … cellular telephone service [.]” 47 U.S.C. § 227(b)(1)(A)(iii). Anyone who violates the TCPA may be sued in federal court for “actual monetary loss” or $500 in damages for each violation, “whichever is greater.” § 227(b)(3)(B).
Our office is handling claims for violation of the federal Do Not Call Law.
The State made allegations against one telemarketer
- They failed to register as telemarketers with the state.
- They made sales calls to hundreds of consumers who were on the federal “Do Not Call” list.
- They continued to call consumers after the consumers asked them to remove them from their list.
- They told consumers they needed the systems because of their “serious medical issues.”
- They sold refurbished systems there were misrepresented as brand new.
- They sold GPS systems to consumers who lived outside the GPS coverage area.
- They accepted consumer payments and then didn’t deliver the system.
- They automatically renewed consumer contracts, even though they said there were “no long-term contracts.”
- They charged credit card accounts of consumers who provided their credit card information but declined to buy the system.
- They told consumers they would receive protection anywhere in the U.S. around the clock, even though it wasn’t the case.
- They failed to provide refunds when the system didn’t work.
2. Other Companies
Have you received any unsolicited calls, if so, you may be entitled to compensation. We are evaluating claims against a variety. The listing of a company does not indicate any wrongdoing.
National Auto Division in Howell Township, New Jersey
Call (973) 598-1980 for a free consultation on your claim.